Published on LinkedIn Influencers on September 18, 2015
On Tuesday I published a post on “What is the Power of Purpose?” in advance of an important gathering for over 100 women and men who have a shared purpose to support girls and women. In doing research for this event I of course searched for great quotes on purpose, enjoy!
To find more amazing quotes and join the online conversation go to #powerofpurpose on twitter.
- “The purpose of life on earth is that the soul should grow- so grow! By doing what is right.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
- “Happy are those whose purpose has found them.” – Anonymous
- “Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.”- Gautama Buddha
- “You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.” – Steven Maraboli
- “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.” – Robert Bryne
- “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” – Bishop TD Jakes
- “I Believe a purpose is something for which one is responsible; it’s not just divinely assigned.” – Michael J Fox
- “When you walk in purpose, you collide with destiny.” – Ralph Buchanan
- “To have no set purpose in one’s life is the harlotry of the will.” – Stephen MacKenna
- “Great minds have purposes, others have wishes.” – Washington Irving
- “The Meaning of life is to find your gift. The Purpose of life is to give it away” -William Shakespeare
- “Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights your way.” -Anonymous
- “Purpose is the place where your deep gladness meets the world’s needs.” – Frederick Buechner
- “If you have a purpose in which you can believe, there’s no end to the amount of things you can accomplish.” – Marian Anderson
- “To explore what it would mean to live fully, sensually alive and passionately on purpose, I have to drop my preconceived ideas of who and what I am.” – Dawna Markova
- “To forget one’s purpose is the commonest form of stupidity.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Many people have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” – Helen Keller
- “Effort and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Purpose is the quality we choose to shape our lives around.” – Richard J. Leider
And a great one I heard today from guest speaker Kim Azzarelli author of the soon to be released book Fast Forward: How Women Can Achieve Power and Purpose.
“When we put purpose first, everything else lights up.”
Have a great Day!