Published on LinkedIn Influencers on August 1, 2014.
I am a quote freak. When someone says something so powerful, so beautiful, in just a line or two I feel compelled to capture and collect it. I have a giant word-doc with all my favorites, and I pull them out as needed – for a speech, for a sympathy card, or just a little something to add to the bottom of an email.
This morning I found myself pouring through it for another reason. I was looking for a great quote on IMPACT to be included in a report we are finishing for Women Moving Millions. There were so many wonderful ones and hoping to make your summer weekend just a little sweeter, here are a few of my favorites.
- “If you think you’re too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito.” Anita Roddick
- “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” Tony Robbins
- “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” Les Brown
- “Moments don’t last unless we do something with them.” Gloria Feldt
- “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” Aristotle
- “Your best self requires your whole self.” Dondeena Bradley
- “The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer.” Charles Alexandre de Calonne
- “I am not afraid…I was born to do this.” Joan of Arc
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” George Eliot
- “Money doesn’t make you special, it makes you lucky. Be generous, be crazy, be outrageous.” Eve Ensler
- “Storytellers broaden our minds: engage, provoke, inspire, and ultimately, connect us.” Robert Redford
- “A movement is only composed of people moving. To feel its warmth and motion around us is the end as well as the means.” Gloria Steinem
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
- “Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.” Simone Weil
- “There is that unique moment when one confronts something new and astonishment begins.” Diane Ackerman
Now, what is up with the cherry pictures you might be asking? Given I will be spending the weekend sorting and selling cherries by the roadside at our farm in Canada it is appropriate to end this post with a quote about CHERRIES. Unable to find one online that is juicy enough, I am compelled to make up my own.
“My wish for everyone is that life is like a basket of freshly picked (and sorted) cherries – beautiful and sweet.” Jacki Zehner – photos above taken from my iPhone. Dog in the background is Canaan.